ETFO represents approximately 83,000 members that include public elementary teachers, occasional teachers, education support personnel, professional support personnel and designated early childhood educators. ETFO provides protective and professional services for members and promotes equity and social justice within the education system and the broader society. ETFO is a social justice and equity seeking organization.
ETFO Priorities for 2021-2022
While the programs and services of ETFO are designed with these objects in mind, each year at the Annual Meeting the membership sets the priorities of ETFO for the upcoming school year.
- To protect the local and provincial collective bargaining rights of all members.
- To defend publicly-funded public education.
- To serve the needs of the membership.
- To provide for the professional development of members.
- To advocate for social justice in the areas of peace, anti-poverty, non-violence, equity, and anti-racism.
- To fight against anti-Black racism.
- To advocate for the economic and labour rights of all workers.
- To support international assistance and co-operation.
- To advocate for the care and protection of the environment and actively engage in climate action.
- To actively engage members in the Federation and labour movement.
- To advocate for and protect the health and safety of members, both physically and psychologically.